What is a House Style?
In addition to your brand recognition and brand awareness, your house style defines who your business is.
Reasons to implement a House Style:
- Explains who your business is to everyone you interact with. Customers/Clients, Suppliers, etc (people are more likely to buy from a business they are familiar with and have a connection.)
- Curating a strong house style is vital, to differentiate your brand from competitors. Your house style ultimately influences how your brand and products/services are perceived. Which will determine how people interact with your business.
- Establishing a strong brand image enables people to recognise your brand communications. Helping to increase trust, which develops into brand loyalty.
What's included in a House Style?
Multiple layer create a solid house style. The main ones to focus on are:
- Your brand values
- Design - the look and feel of your brand
- Logo - all variations and rules of use
- Colour palette
- Typography - fonts including how and when to use them
- Editorial style guide - tone of voice, grammar, etc
- Imagery and videography - rules about posting, filters, colour palettes, etc
How to ensure your House Style is followed
A company style guide is a crucial tool when implementing your house style. A major step in ensuring your brand is presented in a clear and consistent way.
Providing a copy to both in-house employees and contractors ensures all work reflects your brand.
If you'd like to book a consultation or receive more information on how to curate your business House Style
Contact us today!